enclosed trailer rack systems??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gilatplc, Sep 20, 2006.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

So I'm looking at buy a new 8x16 enclosed trailer and the dealer wants $675.00 for a full landscaping package, I know I can build something a lot cheaper then this, what have some of you come up with,
    When I was doing a search someone mentioned doing this with just $10.00???

Just looking for suggestions
    Thanks GIL

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That doesn't sound like a bad price. We had two rails put down each side that would accommodate different devices to hold trimmers or blowers. They build the devices which simply hocked into the rails for blowers/trimmers. The devices could be moved anywhere along the rail front/back. In addition we had two shelves put in the front of the trailer. All of it was custom made to our specs.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We just bought and outfitted our 8.5x16 enclosed trailer. I posted pictures awhile ago. Try a search on trailers. We just used some 2x3's and ran them down the sides and attatched our trimmer racks and blower racks etc. I'll try and find the pictures.

4. gilatplc

from FL

from the sounds of things the factory decides placement of equipment rack,
    ya the price isn't bad, but I was just think I could do it my self and get my mind going by seeing some other trailers done up.
    The rack they use are nice ones, I think green touch equipment

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

gilatplc, I posted a thread called "maybe this time...new trailer" it has our set up.

6. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I made trimmer racks by screwing 2 2x4's to the wall. Then I screwed hooks into the 2x4's ,like you get at Lowe's, shaped like a 'J'. Workes just fine. They don't moved around or fall out. Real cheap to make.

7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Would you care to show some pics? I would love to see it. I am considering an enclosed myself.

8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I built trimmer racks, a blower rack and a fixed ramp for my trailer. I will post pics tonight. I need to resize them first. $150 in all material and about 12 hours or work for design and fabrication. Alot cheaper than the $650 Landscape package.

9. gilatplc

from FL

What ever happened to the pics??

10. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Been busy and have had Jury Duty. Hang on, I will try to re-size now and post...