Enclosed trailer racks worth it?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Problay buying an enclosed trailer this weekend and wanted opinions on racks, is it worth it to spend close to 1000 on racks like rackem and those types or should I just spend 3-400 on simple trimmer and blower racks from like northern tool
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a open trailer but the same concept is there when a customer looks in your trailer you want it to be as organized as possible and also they can save a trimmer shaft if you roll the mower in and leave the trimmer in the way and run it over all in all it makes you look organized and saves trimmers and blowers from being squashed
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Go to a trailer parts store they have lots of these items in stock and at good prices. :waving:

4. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

extreme trailer racks by green touch nothing better

5. Iceman318

Iceman318 LawnSite Member

I built my trimmer racks from L brackets with tool holder clips lined with adhesive foam bolted onto them. Storage for 3 trimmers cost me less than $50 and they do the job!

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have an enclosed but do have the green rouch xtreeme. They are awesome and come from the mfg with the brackets to mount in an enclosed or on an open trailer. However with an enclosed you may be better off hanging the trimmers vertically for easier access... You don't need to worry as much about security with an enclosed obviously.
    Posted via Mobile Device