Enclosed Trailer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GreenCloverlawnCare LLC, Jun 20, 2011.

1. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 6 x 12 v nose Haulmark for about a month or so. I like it so far. I was wondering about the rivets lol I wanted to have it lettered up. Never ever knew that. The financing is 0% for six months with 1 year roadside assistance and 3yr warranty. It was 2,900 before tax, tags and racks etc. I have a 3,500 pound axle running with about 3,000 pounds on it. Hope it holds up!

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be careful with running it that close to the cap. of the axles! DOT would have a field day if they weighed you! Because they weigh the whole trailer NOT only the cargo you have loaded. YOu're prob. at or above weight limit

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I would get an extended tongue, sometimes they call it a RV tongue. Will keep you from damaging your trailer during tight turns. Don't expect them to have one sitting on the lot, you will probably have to order it. Well worth the money.

4. BJWLAWNCARE

I did add the trailor weight. I had it fully loaded and put it on a scale at the dump to double check. You can run trailors without brakes in PA up to 3,000 pounds. I am under state law and axle weight.

5. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

The rivets come right out and then they put the vinyl on and put them back in. I have seen some shops that have a tool that cuts the rivet head out once the vinyl is down but I would rather have them taken out and then put back in.

6. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure its GVWR not what it actually weighs. Same law here about that.

7. BJWLAWNCARE

Could an extension on the reciever be an option instead of an extended tongue on the trailor. Build wait here is 8-12 weeks if you build your own trailor. If I lived in georgia it would be much different.

8. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

YES AND NO!
    Closer to no!

They make them. This topic was on Plowsite i think for guys to pull a trailer with a vbox spreader at the same time and have no problems.......

Only thing is if you have a enclosed trailer its already going to be pushing the limit on this bar/ tongue extender! you're asking for trouble.

Curtis makes this one.
    Heres the info Maybe someone can understand it lol!
    Receiver Adapter #D-180 CURT Manufacturing 3500lbs. GTW - 350 TW - 2 in. To 1.25 in. - 15 in. Extension Maximum

[​IMG]

9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Do it right the first time, just order what you need. Its better to wait a few weeks and have it built the way you want it.

10. BJWLAWNCARE

some good info here guys thank you. I was wondering how they could glue metal sheeting to metal studs. Taking the rivets out makes sense and then reinserted like the poster said earlier.