Enclosed trailer setup.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, any of you guys running enclosed trailers for your Landscape/Hardscape company? I haved seen plenty of trailer set ups for LCO's on here, but not any hardscaping guys. I was considering getting a 16 or 18 foot trailer to park on the job site and leave while working. Use it like a mobil garage so that i don't have to always be loading and unloading tools in my shop at the house. I also figured it would make a great way to advertise my company. Another thing that crossed my mind with an enclosed trailer is i could get a porta potty to put in side so that i don't have that occasional trip to the store for one of the guys to use the bathroom. Thanks.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Best pic of the inside of my trailer i have. We started the shevling the being of the season and have yet to have time to finsh it.

compactor 004 [%P].JPG

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Here's a few of ours. This is a 16' enclosed that also has irrigation stuff. We also have a 14' set up similarly. They're great. No more loading/unloading into truck anymore, and begging for the use of homeowner's garage.

P1010088.JPG

P1010081.JPG

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

great set up guys. "Mrusk" post some pics when you get a chance to finish yours. I like the organization. I am a very organized guy and love to see everything having a place. I guess that is why chunking everything into an open landscape style trailer bugs me to death. thanks.

5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh man... guess I'll have to post some of mine tomorrow...

6. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice,whats the heater for? Drying blocks before applying glue?

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything when it's cold out.

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We just purchased a 18' enclosed trailer last year for this very purpose. Pack that thing and just leave it at the job site. We are finding it saves a number of hours on the job from having to pack/unpack all the time. However, we haven't had the time to install the shelving and the like like the others above.

My question is what have you guys used to secure the shelving. Self-tapping metal screws to the metal studs of the frame? How has the shelving held up over time? What type of weight have you been placing on the shelving?

thx

:waving:

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I use 1.5" self taping screws for my steel shelving. It holds whatever you want to put on it. No problem. Hard to tell but its a 19' v nose with upgraded 5200lb axles. I was going to get a unit with a built in washroom but I was realistic and knew I would be the one doing the cleaning. Now I just put a pail with javex. (someone asked earlier about a bathroom)

shop and attak 005 (Medium).jpg

10. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

All The Pics Look Great. Another Question...what Is The Magic Length. I Would Love To Have A Trailer That Is Long Enough For Shelving And All As Well As Have Enough Room To Load A Mini Skidder, But I Have To Be Realistic That I Have To Get This Thing Around Some Pritty Tight Neighborhoods.