Enclosed trailer storage

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by coryjones, Jul 27, 2010.

1. coryjones

coryjones LawnSite Member

Hello all i have a 18' enclosed trailer i am going to be using for lawn care and landscaping. I am just getting started in this i currently have 1 trimmer plains for at least one more soon a blower back pack seeder pressure washer push mower and a cub cadet rider. I am trying to be figure out the best way to organize things. Anyone have any pics of there setup or a place to get cool stuff to deck it out? I am looking at a Hustler super duty in a few months too.

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Just do a search right above here on the page....many others including myself have pics but its hard to repost pics so just search and youll find tons. My new trailer will be here in 2 weeks and ill have another thread as I go to town on gettin it rigged.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Here are a couple of pics of mine. I have the metal gorilla shelving for stroage. It has E-Track and Fast Straps for securing things down and the floor is Herculined. I also added plywood around the bottom for protection.

underside 003.jpg

loaded trailer 004.jpg

loaded trailer 008.jpg

loaded trailer 009.jpg

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice pics GravelyGuy

5. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

Go to snaprack.com They have what you need and pictures of what it could look like. I have all of there stuff in my trailer and couldn't be happier with how it turned out and ease of use and storage.

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thanks.

I forgot to say. Make sure anything you plan to hang is through a metal brace. Self tapping screws make quick work of this.

Also, I made the mistake of bolting the metal shelving through the floor only and not against the wall. Most of the welds broke at the feet and I ended up having to secure it against the wall also.

Stuff really takes a beating inside the trailer. Make sure it is secure!

7. coryjones

coryjones LawnSite Member

What kind of flooring are you guys using? Right now mine has back and white tiles and about half of them are coming up. I was thinking of talking them out and painting it with sand in it? Gravleyguy nice setup what are you hanging your latter on? I just got a roof vent for it man does it need it bad it is one that can stay open and not get rain in it.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Those checkerboard tiles are nice and dandy for motorcycle haulers but not made for hauling mowers. Mine lasted about 2 months as well in the heat. Myself and alot of other guys use the roll on bedliner like herculiner or I use wal marts brand and it has grit mixed in it that will be better than just sand. Cant wait to get mine setup next week!

9. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Get ez track!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I picked those ladder hangers up at Homedepot.