Enclosed Trailer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GravelyGuy, Aug 2, 2009.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I love it already. It's a United 8.5'x24' 5200lb/ spring axles. The Tundra tows it like it's no big deal.

I am trying to decide what to do with the floor. I am considering using Herculiner. I also like the sand in the paint idea that I read on here. I want to put the liner 18-24" up the side walls also, or I could use diamond plate or just use some 3/8" plywood.

I thought it was kind of wierd that the 3/4" plywood floor is the only thing between the street and your stuff, but I guess it will be fine since the floor has a 25 year warranty.

Gemplers has some track stuff for the walls that I am considering for tie downs, hooks, racks, etc. I am trying to decide if I want to add shelving/cabinets to the front or what.

This trailer will have 2 ZTRs (60" and 34"), pushmower, spreader, skid sprayer, ladders, hedge trimmers, pole saw etc. All the usual maintenance stuff, and I also want to have room for my soon to be Z-Spray.

If you guys could do it over setting up your enclosed, let me know what you would do.

Thanks for looking:cool2:

United 002.jpg

United 001.jpg

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Trailer looks awesome. Just out of curiosity why would you want to haul around everything you own? Why not just take what you need because all the extra weight adds up and will just cause more wear to your truck and make your mpg's worse. I'm just wondering, everything looks great though.

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thank you, for the last two years and the start of this one I have had a separate trailer for spraying and mowing. I have found myself falling behind on my fert accounts because I can't get to them when I need to. It's much easier to just spray a couple of lawns on the other side of town while your there then go home unhook the mowing trailer, hook up the other and drive back over in the evenings. I take care of a LOT of crap for a mostly 1-2 man operation.

I can't wait to get this thing lettered.

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Another thing, I am getting rid of a $100.00 per month storage bill because of this trailer:clapping:

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Great looking trailer... Won't that put a ton of weight on the tonge with that huge tank up front?

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Yeah, it does, but it shouldn't be so bad once I get the rest my stuff in there. I hope the trailer frame can handle it. I had 150 gallons in it the other day just like it is and everything seemed fine.

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper alternative to the E-track stuff? With each little hook, holder, etc. being around $20 it will get expensive quick.

7. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

You could put a bunch more D rings in but you still won't be happy with it. Do it right the first time and use E track. So much more versatile. You don't have to go all out and E track both sides completely, just buy a few strips and place 'em where you'll need it most, then just add to it when you have some extra cash.

Your definitely gonna need racks and holders for handhelds, rakes, shovels, etc.... A caged in shelf or cabinet is great for misc stuff like oil, fluid film cans, tools, whatever else. A trimmer trap or something similar to hold your trimmers is great, and hooks for blowers.

Most importantly make sure you fasten all your racks, shelves, hooks, etc to the wall studs and E track to the frame rails. Do not fasten anything to the plywood side walls alone, at first it might seem solid and hold, but after a few months it will all loosen up and when you pull up to a job site and open your door your Sh!t will be all over your floor.

Hope this helps, BTW nice trailer.:drinkup:

8. milsaps118

I forgot to mention one more thing, set up is very important too. I have my trimmers right next to my blowers. My trimmer line is right there too. I get done trimming, hang the trimmer up and bam my blowers are right within reach all setup in the tail of the trailer, not up in the nose.

Set up is probably the most important thing that I would suggest so put a good deal of thought into it and lay it all out a few different ways before permanently securing everything down.

Here is a pic of my trimmer and blower set up. My hand tool are hanging on a tool holder I bought at Home Cheapo with a bungee stretched across to keep 'em from flopping around.

trimmer trap.jpg

bolwer hooks.jpg

door view.jpg

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Hey thanks for the info. This is the stuff we are talking about right?
    http://www.gemplers.com/search/e+track

I've never seen the stuff in person so I guess it's pretty tough stuff?

They make trimmer racks and everything. I don't know how they would compare to Trimmertrap or whatever. I may just use the one I have now.

10. milsaps118

Yep same stuff we're talking about. E Track is the way to go to secure your mowers, spray tank down. I never used it on my walls to hold anything else down though. That one from gemplers to hold trimmers is junk, stay away from that.

Check out NT might be a little cheaper. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

Instead of buying the E track straps, get the little 6" one's with the ring and just use your regular ratchet straps to hook onto the 6" ring strap. That way you don't have to spend $100+ on all new straps.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009