Enclosed Trailer Vs. F250 with Landscape Bed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BeastMowed, Jun 19, 2013.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Problem when eliminating a trailer and using just the bed is you lose to much space. When big clean ups are involved you have the bed for debris and the trailer for equipment, or the other way around.

Best way to be efficient is to stop spending a lot of money. Just get a 6x12 single axle trailer. Be selective in what you load on to the trailer. Drive with a light foot.

Also edit to add that get an open trailer. That is a weight savings right there. You want an open truck bed so an open trailer is the way to go.

2. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Wonder what you can legally put on back of this setup?

3. nismothunder

nismothunder LawnSite Member

Looking at it, $3500 seems right. I mean its not that great of a pic so I cant tell if its 16g sheet metal tacked togeather. But with the price of steel and labor involved in building it. $3500 seems ok.

IMO, I wouldn't have a use for it though.

But if your cheap, I could build one for $3499.

4. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

why did you get rid of the NPR? I've been thinking about adding one to replace a 1 ton w/9.5' flat bed and 16' trailer

5. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I run a NPR now and couldn't even imagine doing this job withouth it now. If had it a month and I'm spoiled already. I have a chevy 3500 with 12 foot flat bed for anything else and only take what I need. Of course most everything stays in the box truck anyways. Extra things like four wheeler for spraying or what ever il just load up if need be or use a small open trailer and go.