Enclosed trailer width 7 or 8FT. ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by troblandscape, Feb 25, 2004.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I will be buying a !6ft enclosed trailer this month and was wondering if the 8 ft. is too wide? I will be putting two 62 inch toro z masters in the trailer with all the other tools. Should I go with the 7ft.?

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with the widest you can. I don't see any disadvantages to going wide. If you consider pulling them I don't think it would be any harder to pull having 6 inches added on each side. JMO.

3. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

I have an 8.5' trailer and love it!

4. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have an in-line v-nose that is 7 1/2' wide and the visibility is much better than a flat front 8 - 8 1/2' enclosed. Just my opinion.

Shayne

5. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

I have 8.5 and I love it.

I think a 16 footer 8.5 is bigger than a 20 footer 7 feet wide.

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I just traded up to a 8x 14 from a 7 x 14. The 7 x 14 had the wheels outside the box, the 8 has them inside, because of this the overall width is a little smaller with the 8 foot. This should make it a little easier to drive and park. Inside the wheel wells will be a little smaller but the rest of the box will be wider. Something will fit next to your 62" in an 8 ' box (21" mower) but not in a 7 foot box. Also you can walk past your 62" with out hitting your back on your trimmers as much. More room inside is always better. Hope this all makes sense. Pace makes a trailier called the Summit that is made for landscape use. If you are 5' 11" or 6' tall get the 6" additional height, your head will thank you. I got 8 X 14 -6" height- 10000 # - spare tire- and E track on the sides for a little less than 5 k. Hope this helps.

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

In my 7 x 14 trailer the ceiling is around 7' high, in my 8.5 x 17' trailer the ceiling is 5' 11". If you are over 6' tall you will probably regret the low ceiling