Enclosed trailer with dump bed?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FerrisDiesel, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ummm...off the internet, lol. I'll have to check my browser history on my other computer.

2. Darryl G

3. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I called this company today and talked to the owner, he said the green dump master as it sits was $9,500.00 and just guessing he said prob another 2-3,000.00 to make it an enclosed trailer and not an open trailer........$9,500.00 doesn't sound that bad, does it?

4. Darryl G

Not really considering I paid over $6k for a 7 x 12 bumper hitch dump trailer in 2006.

5. FerrisDiesel

I guess the only bad part is........he's in Nebraska. What would the freight be to ship that to Rhode Island lol

6. Darryl G

Just haul it yourself and find a load coming out this way to defray the costs.

There's probably somewhere closer to get one.

7. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

Check uShip.com for a quote.

8. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Performance Trailer has built a few open utility trailers with side dumps on the front

9. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

For $9,500 you could buy yourself a nice used 1-ton pickup to put your dump insert in AND have enough money left over for a leaf loader to mount to the back of it to suck the grass up from your walkers.

10. FerrisDiesel

I have been thinking about that too....here is what I have come up with:

I'm a solo operation, and I mow 2-3 days a weeks as a part time job. I'm almost at the cusp where I could hire someone to help, but with my other job not quite yet.
    The whole purpose of me setting up a trailer like this is so I don't have to spend the money on another truck, another registration, insurance, and maintenance, not to mention a place to keep my truck and trailer. ( I'm running out of room at my house.) At the end of the night, unhitch and I have my truck back.

That's my dilema, my 5 year plan was to have a dump truck paid for in cash, an employee and about 60 - 100 accounts.