Enclosed trailer with pallet width door

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Sep 4, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Im interested in an enclosed setup with the ability to load pallets through the side door. I may have 1 pallet at the time or what I need loaded by hand.

My first question I weight. Fert in the front and zspray in the back. What size water tank could be put in the middle?

For those who have this what brands make a trailer with a door option like this? Any setup tips? This is an offseason project that I may look into.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been running this type of setup for years with great satisfaction. I do not have a water tank in the trailer, but would think with 5200# axles you could handle 100 gallons.

Turfscapeequip.jpg

3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, I put E-trak down on the floor parallel to the side of the trailer. Then I cut a 2x8 to fit, sliding it into board pockets for e-trak. Then I drilled for eye bolts which take ratchet straps and they attach to the e-track about 3 fett behind the board. The door shuts and the machine is perfectly cradled between the board and the rear door.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

what brand trailer is that? Trying to see what brands to search that are available in my area. Any pics of your inside set up?

5. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Its a Pace American Trailer, I am not sure they still make their summit series. Never seen a double door before, but that is very useful.

6. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Our first trailer was 7x16 with a 4' swinging side door. Can fit a pallet in the side but was a very close call. Just got a new 8.5x16 from http://www.turnertrailers.com/index.html with a 5' double side door. Very slick. Its not stickered yet so I might post some pictures if I can remember. Both have 5200# axles which are necessary.