enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by samk, Jul 5, 2005.

1. samk

samk LawnSite Member

buying a 16 ft trailer next week enclosed is about 3000.00 more then an open. is it worth it? leaning towards open trailer just for pricing reasons.

2. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the funds and the business I don't think it would be too bad of an idea. You can also advertise with it and you probably woudln't have to unload any of your equipment, making things alot easier.

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just do it, they both serve their purpose....I have both, but can't live without the enclosed!!! :)

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yes worth every penny plus you keep your stuff hidden.

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Yes.

Put Line-X on the floor, ramp and 2' up on all the walls.

6. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

you don't need this line-x on your bed. i bought an enclosed with wolmanized flooring and it's holding up extremely well!!!

7. Green Pastures

Read your warranty.

I bought a trailer with a 20 year warranty on the flooring....yes it is treated plywood. Fine print on the warranty said.... "any gas, oil or chemical spills on the floor voids the warranty".

After seeing my buddies enclosed trailer's floor rot completely out in less than 1 year was all I needed. He painted his floor with epoxy paint, the epoxy was worn off in less than 6 months, he was replacing plywood in less than 1 year. No, the place he bought the trailer at did not cover the rotted wood.

I've owned my enclosed trailer for 5 seasons now. The floor is in perfect shape. The Line-X has not delaminated anywhere or has not worn off anywhere.

You do what you like to do, but I'll never own an enclosed trailer without Line-X on the floor.

Best money I've ever spent.

8. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

GreenPastures,

How much did it cost to have your trailer sprayed with lin-x?

9. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i guess if i bought a trailer with a plywood bottom i would concider the line-x

but i got mine with the wolmanized floor. it is a type of composite i guess you could say. it is much harder than plywood.

i don't know why you would be getting gas and oil in the floor anyway.

i fill my machines out side because i don't want to spill any on the floor because of the fumes.

i keep all of my machines in top mechanical shape, which means if one starts to get an oil leak it gets fixed.

it would be interesting to see the floor on your trailer. you wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you?

10. Green Pastures

IIRC it was about $1200.