1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nvrstsfd23, Nov 9, 2006.

1. nvrstsfd23

nvrstsfd23 LawnSite Member

what size trailer would i need for two walk behinds, 72" ztr and other tools.
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

2 72"s, Yea Mann!! better go to tha gym this winter!! Better go with a 6.5/16ft
  3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I have a 8.5X20, the 72" fits but it's not fun to unload if your on a slope.

I'm sellling the 72" and getting a 60".
  4. nvrstsfd23

nvrstsfd23 LawnSite Member

its only one ztr and two wbs, i use a 24' gooseneck open trailer right now but want a enclosed trailer and won't be using our front mounts in the enclosed trailer so Im unsure of the size
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you're going to do an enclosed, I wouldn't go under 20 ft.. You have room for growth, and room to move in the meantime.
  6. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

For a 72in mower you need at least a 6.10 trust me. I just bought a 6.5in trailer thinking it was just wide enough for my kubota f2100 72in I was wrong.
  7. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

6.5 is not wide enough
  8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

sizes I would consider
  9. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

To have all the equipment, misc. tools and attachments, and somewhat free movement, I would go 8.5x24. But you will need a nice 3/4 ton truck to pull it.....if you already have that then you should be set. Thats the size i'm looking at.....
  10. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I can get a 60 ztr and two 52WBs in a 8x16 enclosed with room on both sides. Of course the the back is right to the gate.