enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cbr9joe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. cbr9joe

cbr9joe LawnSite Member

I am now at a point where I need an enclosed trailer. Can anyone give me any information on what brand is best, size and how I should have it equipped?

Thanks for any and all info.:usflag:
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

give us some more details, how many mowers do you need to pull what truck?? is it just going to be for lawn or do yo use it for irrigation and hardscapes as well?
    check out my link to see mine.
  3. cbr9joe

cbr9joe LawnSite Member

I guess that info would help huh...

I will be hauling Toro 48 walk behind with saulky, 60" Exmark zero turn, assorted trimmers, backpack blowers, rakes, shovels etc. I also want to get
    some type of leaf collection unit.

I will tow it with 05 dodge cummings quad cab 4x4.

Thanks again
  4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

you need at least a 7ft wide
  5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, and it sounds like at least 16 feet in length, or, maybe even 20 feet !!
  6. cbr9joe

cbr9joe LawnSite Member

Thanks, any brand better than another?
  7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I have an 8 x 20 Competitor by Avenger brand trailer. It is going on it's 8th season. It's been a fantastic trailer.

The best money I ever spent in this business was that trailer and getting the floor, ramp and one foot up on all interior walls sprayed with Line-X.
  8. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

we have a few atlas enclosed trailers very happy with them, they are made in elkhart indiana might not be too far from you
  9. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

This topic has been covered at least 10 times in the last few months. Perform a search and you will find all of the info you're looking for.

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 7 x 16 enclosed and love it. I do wish I had gotten the 8' wide verion. It will make it a little easier to move around inside.