Enclosed Trailer????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DaughtryLC, Sep 19, 2008.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

To you all that had open trailers and went with an enclosed trailer, did you make the right choice??

I have an open 16ft, but would like an enclosed 16ft!

What are your pros and cons and did you make a good decision?

2. Isanti Lawn Man

Isanti Lawn Man LawnSite Member

I went from a 14' open to an 18' enclosd..............would never do open again. Enclosed is the way to go with all equipment being secured, etc.

3. DaughtryLC

If a 16 is doing good, will a 16 enclosed be big enough!

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Enclosed is the way to go. Dont have to unload and can lock everything up well. Keeps wandering eyes of the goods, sun and rain off the equipment and can be used for many other things.

5. Gran Sport

Gran Sport LawnSite Member

Why would'nt it? They're the same size.

6. DaughtryLC

Really:dizzy:

7. Gran Sport

Gran Sport LawnSite Member

Hey, you asked.

8. DaughtryLC

Theres always got to be a smart ass on here!!, I have REAL ?s, not just playing around kid!!

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

The smart a$%es probably dont own one and get the difference. A 16" open is anctually larger than a 16" enclosed. The reasnon is you cannot hang the controls over rails. Everything is straigt on or off. So you can fit more equipment in an open. You might think about going to an 18.

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

It's a matter of personal preference. I went from open trailer to enclosed and back to open a year later.I personally and my guys like the idea you can grab any tool without going inside a hot trailer.I think its easier to tow one because you can still see behind you.And an enclosed trailer is false sense of security,They take the whole trailer,or cut the locks.