Enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TurnerLawnCare, Mar 16, 2010.

1. TurnerLawnCare

TurnerLawnCare LawnSite Member

Ok, i've got my enclosed, fixin to take it to the sign shop. My question is about how much business am i going to get from pulling around my portable billboard(trailer). To put the decals on there will cost 530. But they're big. And they put them on for me. Should i go for it or not waste my money. I think having a sign that big will get major attention. And business. Agree, disagree?

2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

It should, but it also may not get you ANY business? There is no guaranteed results from any type of advertising. I get more calls from referrals than the name on my truck. It must be VERY big to cost $530.? My door signs were $90. and they are pretty big and multi-colored. You do not need to spend that amount to get calls though. Try a smaller size and just see how many calls you get from it.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

No different then having a ad in the phone book. It can gain you customers sure. How many if any will vary. If you're happy with what they have done design wise then go for it. It's a one time advertising expense too. Only have to pay once and it will last for years, well unless you get more trailers. :)

4. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Sometimes just hauling your trailer full of mowers down the road can get you work, especially in the spring, Ive been stopped while at red lights by other drivers, some of them actually ask me " Do you mow grass"? I had to laugh, No, I just like driving around town dragging all these mowers with me!! But Ive gotten a few accounts this way, just by being on the road, right time at the right place! That or at gas stations, people will often stop and ask me for my number or to come give them a bid.

5. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Having your trailer lettered is the most cost effective advertising you will ever do. That is a traveling billboard that you don't have to pay rent on.

6. TurnerLawnCare

I agree with all of yall. Ok, i'm going for it. I'll put the letters on. Then i'll post some pics for yall.

7. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

It's also a write off...it really won't cost $530.00! Think of it that way. Pay for it now or pay for it in April!!!

8. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

It's a regular business expense. It's only a write off if your making a profit.

9. TurnerLawnCare

I don't pay taxes cuz i'm 16 and a minor can't legally "own" his own business. So.... my business doesn't exist. so...... i don't pay taxes. Now if somebody asks how i got all the equipment and truck and trailer. Then i may be in trouble. But untill then.......

10. dclandscape

dclandscape LawnSite Member

I am in the process of painting a used enclosed trailer I picked up a few weeks ago. The sign guy told me it would cost about $600. My lettering will be chrome with a blue outline. 4' x 8' area, $600. WORTH IT! We plan on parking the thing at every job we have. (contruction jobs).