1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by stickleylawncare, Dec 18, 2011.

1. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

Final switched over to an enclosed trailer a few weeks back, just playing around with it now to see how I want to set up the inside. Had them add an extra foot in height so I didn't worry about hitting my head. Will get int lettered up after Christmas. I may do a wrap one day, but for now just want to get some lettering on there. I'm justifying the extra gas for an enclosed by telling myself it will be a giant billboard.

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Great looking trailer. I started to get black when I bought my new one a few months back but it was 107 that day and I could really feel the heat difference and since I am a short fat sweathog I went with white again. Their are a few times a open trailer is better, but when it is time to buy another you will get a enclosed again, trust me they are nice.

Congrats! and it is a nice looking rig
  3. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Take a picture of the rig. Is that a toyota tundra?
  4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Looks nice. I would have spent the money to go wider. Once you hang blowers and string trimmers on the walls things start to get tight and hurt efficiency. You can get PacBrake airbags for your truck that will allow you to pull that trailer with no sag. I run the airbags on my Ram 2500 that pulls my wide 16' with up to three mowers in it. Mass Diesel had the bags for as little as $265 when I bought my two sets. The other set is on my 3500 dually.
  5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice trailer
  6. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

Ya its a 2006 Tundra, got it for the right price, and was bigger than the old Chevy. I really wanted to get a slightly longer and wider trailer but I settled for this one, we have so many tiny roads and small turn arounds, cul-de-sac's that the 7x14 seemed like the most comfortable size. It is somewhat crowded inside, but with the extra head room, I can move about pretty easily, since moving over things doesnt cause me to hit my head. Its almost "winter" here and the thing is still hot, so im sure its going to be boiling in their during summer, but I'm hoping its not the same as being stuck in the summer sun either.

Some of the stuff inside is just temporary until I order some more metal wracks, the last ones were welded on to the open trailer which I sold. Im also thinking of downsizing the 60Z for a 52TT and just keeping the Z around the house and use it just as needed when we get much larger accounts. Had limited use with the new mowing schedule but so far Im happy and glad I made the switch to an enclosed.

7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

very nice!!
  8. Seltzerpm

Seltzerpm LawnSite Member

Nice setup. Hope you have a great season
  9. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Very start set-up, black on black looks great. Any plans for lettering? I don't care what people say, those tundras aren't bad trucks. I know some guys who have them and like them a lot.
  10. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot to mention, we have both a 52 ztr and a 52 TT. We do 90% residential and to be honest the TT gets used more, but the Z with bagger is great for clean-ups. TT is a great machine, definitely would look into one.