1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

enclosed trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tigby, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Tigby

Tigby LawnSite Member

i currently have two open traiers, one 6x12 and one 7x16. i'm debating on selling the 6x12 and buying a 14 or 16' enclosed, but i don't know if it's the right thing to do. i'm gonna keep the 16 footer for the tractor and mulch jobs. but i want an enclosed to keep my mowers and other equipment in. i have a 48"z and a 48"wb, any suggestions on this. should i do it?
  2. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I cant tell you what and ehat not to do, because I really dont have the experience to tell you, however, if you do decide to sell the 6' x 12' I might be interested in it.
    Can you send me pics or throw some on here, and give a price you might want for it.
  3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can afford it then by all means go ahead & do it. Switching over to enclosed trailers had to of been one of the best things we ever did!! I could talk all day about how much better they are. Just my opinion though...

4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

That's my next purchase after a 52" ztr.I'm tired of having to unload equip. every night plus the floor space I"ll save.
  5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Started with an open homemade, moved to a used enclosed now have a new enclosed (dual axel w/brakes) 'wells cargo' with the LS package... guess you could call it natural progression..
  6. PR0 TURF

How do you like your Wells Cargo? What size is it...what exactly is the LS package? We are going to be buying a new enclosed trailer very soon and are in a toss up between the Wells Cargo & the Avenger trailer. Both are relatively the same in price. Let me know what you think of your W/C....
  7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

This is my second Wells Cargo with the LS package (why the second? first one was crushed by a falling tree), I looked around and in my estimation nothing came close to the Wells Cargo in quality and attention to detail. First trailer was 7X16 new trailer is 7X14 (fits my needs better) the LS package includes 16" centers on floor supports, 3/8" interior wall sheathing, 3/4" pressure treated floor, air vents, side door, rear ramp and two interior lights.
    I think if you visit www.wellscargo.com that a list of the LS options is available (ask for the info packet).
    Love my trailer.
  8. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

we have 20 and 24 foot wc.

Good quality. we have trimmer racks, blower racks, shelf and cabinets and wire mesh shelf in them. the newer ones have led taillights.

we have a few that are ten years old now. they work for us and we beat the pi*& out of them.
  9. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

I gotta agree w/ BobR...

I shopped around for enclosed trailers for a few years, and nothing came close to Wells... including price :( But well worth it.

LEDs light up very nice also. Landscaper (LS) package is a must... it comes w/ PT floor that has a 20yr warranty, side door, and rear ramp door.

On edit: If you run a dump truck, extended tongue is a must on the enclosed... if not you will end up crushing one of the corners.
  10. PR0 TURF

Hoagie...Who is your Wells Cargo dealer in MA? I got a good look at the Avenger trailer over the weekend at New England Grows. Ive gotta get a good look at a W/C now before i make my final decision.