enclosed trailer....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 18, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

hey guys. i have a 5x10 open trailer, i got it used for $325, and i absolutly hate it, the gate has to be welded and it needs new boards. how much would an enclosed trailer be? btw, a 98dakota 3.9 v6 is pulling it and im not getting a bigger truck, and i just want to be able to fit 2 48's in, 2 21's, and my edgers,trimmers, and blowers, and a few mexicans (jk about the mexicans). what size do u think i will need? i only have 1 48 for now, but i plan to upgrade later this year to another 48. please help. thanks.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty much what you want to spend on it. for a 5x10 single axel you may be able to get a deal. They are worth every penny though, i just got a 7x14 dual axel and i love it. Mine has torsion axels, breaks, rear gate and side door, and a few other little things and was about $4000.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

yeah all i really know is that i want dual axel for sure, i hate my single axel, and i will want breaks. i dont know what else i want. and i have about 3500 to spend on one, but i also get them for $150 over cost. so idk. any ideas?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think a 5 by 10 will work with 2 walkbehinds and the other stuff.I have a 6 by 12 and a 6 by 14 haulmark i love mine.New you will pay. ballpark a 5 by 10 rampdoor side door interior lights 2500 try lowes they have had some nice trailers.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i got my 6x12 for $1800. FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR

trevor

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

im looking for a 6x12, dual axel, brakes, enclosed, side door, and if i want to pay only $150 over cost it has to be an US Cargo trailer. help me. any sugestions. how much are they retail, anyone know?

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

8.5x18 for $4K ;)

8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

7x16 $3790 rear ramp, side door, interior lights, roof vent

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

k sweet, is there any website you guys go to to find out prices?

10. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

I think your biggest question is going to be how much can your Dakota tow!!! I think size wise you will want at least a 6x12, but if you hunt around you will find 7' units that have interior fenders. They have the tire with of a 6 footer with a lot more space inside...Chuck