Enclosed trailers and slop

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Shady Brook, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

How do you fellas with enclosed trailers deal with all the junk your mowers drag in? I know when it is wet, I can bring in huge amounts of sopping wet grass chunks, and spew them all over the floor, not to mention the occasional dog pile. I just wonder if all this junk does not cause your trailers to reek, and also stain or ruin the floors. How do you fellas deal with situations like these?

Thanks guys
    Jay

2. piney

piney LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have my wife vacuum it:

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

some have sprayed their floors with bed liner. then they can just spray it out.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I just blow it out every chance I get. What can you do?

5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Blow.....................................often

6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

How about hosing often, or will that rot out the floor. I really don't want the thing to smell like a barn, or at least not all the time. :)

Jay

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i usually mow a lawn, and then park the rider right at the end of the ramp..... so i can gain access to my trimmer and blower. after i am done with each account... i blow the floor off with the backpack blower... and then quickly blow the grass of the lazer onto the lawn i just mowed. if you get in the habit of doing it, you shouldnt get any build up. its also good cause im not tracking as much grass from one account to another.

8. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I put cheap vinyl flooring in mine and it sweeps/wipes/vaccums easily, PLUS I blow the grass off my mower IN the customer's yard before I put it back in the trailer. If there are lots of clumps I bag 'em.