Enclosed trailers- Anyone use this for your trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nmez21, Feb 23, 2007.

1. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I am curious at to the effectiveness of a product such as this Green-Touch vertical trimmer/ hand tool rack. Does anybody use the vertical style racks instead of the horizontal style? It says that they're made of high strength steel and coated with an ultra thick layer of vinyl to protect it and your equipment from vibration. Retails for $32-$40, but I figure I could weld one together and throw on the vinyl coating, anyone tried this? Here's a picture for reference. thanks, mez
    [​IMG]

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i screwed 1x3's into the wall and then use bicycle hooks. a bungy cord keeps them down great, oh yeah, doesnt cost much either

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I used something like this setup before, however I hung mine with the head down.

I use a Trac-Vac trailer vac behind my ZTR, and the hose would catch the trimmer head and it would fall then.

I ended up running them horizontal, this way I can keep them up higher, away from the wheels when the mowers are going in and out.

4. nmez21

Thanks for the input guys.BUMP Anyone else?

5. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

I used 1.25" square tubing to make this rack. It keeps them up out of the way, and only cost about $20 to make.

DSC00334.JPG

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

That little yellow Green Touch rack is supposed to be used for holding handtools like rakes, shovels, not string trimmers.

7. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Thats what i was going to say. From the picture it looks too small to hold a trimmer by the engine.

8. nmez21

Thanks again for the replies.

JHLC- Do you have any problems with your trimmers either getting beat up or anything else for that matter to be aware of if I considered making a rack similar to yours?

Remaxman-At mowtown usa it says it'll hold 1 trimmer or up to 5 hand tools-
    http://www.mowtownusa.com/126.html

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok well if they say so then why not. I got Green touch trimmer racks on my trailer and i know GT make racks specifically for string trimmers. I think a real trimmer rack would be best but if your only had one trimmer then you could probably get by with that.

10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

to clarify, i screwed the 1x3's verticle and hung the trimmers horizontal with bicycle hooks