enclosed trailers : not meant to be pulled everyday?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by buttaluv, Jul 14, 2009.

1. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I was telling a guy that I was thinking of getting an enclosed trailer to run my mowers out of, he said, they aren't meant to be pulled everyday, and would fall apart in a couple of years. Have you guys heard of that?

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

LOL Huh? We have another lawn care company that runs around here 6 days a week from dusk till dawn with 7 of those trailers. Same ones. I think he is pulling your leg.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

thats what there built for!

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you buy a quality model, it should stand up to everyday use. They have some that home depot sells that I wouldn't trust for a lot of heavy activity but you get what you pay for!

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Its not going to last you 10 years without paying for itself all over with repairs and stuff... but if it lasts you 5 years with a large crew, then your doing good. It all depends how your employees are. If they dont give a crap, itll last 2 years. I bought my enclosed in 05 and it still looks 80% brand new inside, but then again, its only me and my brother...

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hell I'll be lucky to get 5 years outta mine. There are only a few commercial grade enclosed trailers available, unless you go all custom. Mine is falling apart fast.

I think 90% of enclosed trailers are meant for hauling ocasionally not 7 days a week all day long like landscapers do.

I'll bet the car hauler trailers will outlast a conventional cargo hauling enclosed. But then again they are heavier so it could be a trade off.

7. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

What brand of trailer do you have?

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to replace an axle about once a year and god knows how many tires I go through. Tire relacement is just stupid when you get a bent axle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i can't see cargo trailers holding up to lawn mowers very well. some companies do make landscaper trailer, heavier floors, heavier side walls......i like wells cargo, pace american, and haulmark is ok....

tell your friend hes an idiot... they have wheels and a hitch for a reason..

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

a rined of mine runs his all day everyday and it still looks brand new