1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed Trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LiVe2, Apr 7, 2001.

1. LiVe2

LiVe2 LawnSite Member

How many of you have enclosed trailers? I was thinking of buying one but the price is kinda high. They want $4100 for a 7x16 with 6 1/2 foot roof is that a deal or are they raking me over the coals?

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The price on my Haulmark 8.5' x 20' was $4400 delivered. I got a bunch of add on stuff and that raised the price but if you took it the way it was it was only $4400. I know trailers are price different by region also.
  3. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know where you live so it is hard to determine what the trailer market is like. It would be helpful if you added the area you are in as part of your profile.

I have an enclosed, 1995 CarMate, 7x14, and it works just fine. No need to unload every night or wonder if things are being messed with while I am in back yards.

I purchased it used for $3000 with less than 5000 miles on it. The owner before me only hauled motorcycles with it.

4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I have a 7x16 Avenger enclosed trailer. It has a ramp and a side door, tandem axle, 15" wheels, and electric brakes. Also has interior lights with dual switches, dual rear door locks, side door lock with dead bolt and a roof vent. The inside came completely finished with 3/4" plywood on floor and sides and 1/4" on the inside roof. I paid $5100 including tax, title, and registration. Pretty good deal for NJ. The place I bought it from is real good for service.. every time i walk in the door they always ask how the trailer is doing... how business is going... real nice guys.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have an 8 by 14 cargo pro v nose, with front and rear ramp doors. i got it for $5000 i think. im outfitting with green touch racks next week. i think you got a real good price. go for it. spend the extra money on enclosed. there are so many benefits with an enclosed trailer.