1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MowerMan77, Jan 19, 2006.

1. MowerMan77

MowerMan77 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hey guys, I will be purchasing a new enclosed trailer within the next few weeks. I was wondering if anyone hauls a compact tractor in their trailer? I plan on hauling my Kubota 7610 with a brush hog in the trailer. I was also wondering if anyone from CT or the Northeast area knows of a good dealer to purchase a enclosed trailer from? Thank you

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not know the weight of your Kubota but make sure the ramp door is stong enough to hold the weight. I know with a my 5500lb Bobcat I could not find a manufacturer that would gaurantee the ramp door would not become damaged with that much weight on it.

3. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

Mowerman,

I am looking for an enclosed as well, looks like I may go to PA to Haulmark. You can order from a dealer I found through ebay then pick up at factory. Seems to be the best priced. Looking at a 6x12. Called a guy from ebay(Bobby Jacks) was the seller.

4. MowerMan77

MowerMan77 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks for the replys guys. The Kubota weighs in 2100 lbs with loader and brush hog. A friend of mine bought a car hauler from a dealer and he picked it up at the Haulmark warehouse in McAdoo, PA he saved a ton of money by doing that so if I go with a haulmark I think thats what I will do. Thanks again

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Haulmark trailer that I haul a 4310 John Deere in all the time. If you are buying a good heavy duty car trailer you should be fine.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen quite a few of the ramps rated at 3500lbs so you should not have a problem. I have seen some manufactures ramps only rated at 1000-1500 pounds. I would probably stay away from them.