Enclosed Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lucky Star Lawn Care, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys we were getting into enclosed trailers on someone elses thread so I started this one. Where is the best place to go for the best prices? Vnose vs. Regular front? And anything else you want to add. Looking for what you guys have to say. Im in the market for 18-20 footer

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

imo enclosed trailers are a waste. yeah they look nice and keep your equipment from getting stolen but what else are they good for besides transporting your equipment?

3. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Enclosed is nice. But an 18-20 footer's are/can be a bigger pain then they are worth IMO because of the turning of them and get them into resi areas and sometimes they take up the road, ect. Some more key features of them are, rain isnt getting on my mowers, My garage isnt big enough for the open trailer/ So i dont have to unload every night, I dont have to worry about stuff flying off of it, and they are a great bilboard for your business name. Plus is also an added value for resale. I have one of each, 12 foot open and 14 foot enclosed. Open is for leaves, clean-ups, ect. open hauls equipment. They are nice. What i would do is go and get a mag they have at all gas stations called like equipment trader or somethign like that, Shop around in there for awhile plus call local shops not listed. Dont always look at the cheapo ones also, dif frames, axels, brakes, interior setups all that is important. Know what your buying and price around before the contract is signed. Best of luck to you

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

You say that you are getting into enclosed trailers so maybe you already have an open trailer(s)? I love the enclosed trailer for the mowers and some other jobs. Nothing beats never having to unload and having everything you need inside that trailer. I cant really preach on them being a rolling billboard since Ive yet to get mine lettered but thats another benefit. Im in the market for an open 16-18ft trailer for jobs the enclosed cant be used on and that will be the best of both worlds, having the enclosed and open.

5. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Where to start!...Advertising, name recognition, security, hundreds of hours saved loading & unloading, never forgetting anything when you take the "garage" with you, a place to P!:laugh:, Equipment only minimally in the rain, time saved by always having small repair parts and not having to go get them when they break, winter storage, I bet others can add more...well worth the cost!

6. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

Well worth the investment,its a huge time saver as stated before....machines out of the weather etc,etc,etc

7. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Definately know all the benefits of one thats why I want one. What do you guys prefer the Vnose or the regular fronts? It seems that Georgia is the best place to buy from??

8. silvercitylandscapes

silvercitylandscapes LawnSite Member

I agree 100%........

9. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

YA I am looking for one also went to borrow one last night to do some fit test to see how big I need. I hooked up to it and looked at and said to the guy you sure this is 24ft he said yup that's what I paid for . well we got the tape and oh oh it is only 20ft . He said what the f--k I paid for a 24ft he was not happy:laugh:. Well any way the trailer is 81/2 x 20 and I put 3 z-turns and 1 walk behind and we are full so now I know I will need at least a 24 or a 28ft and a bigger truck now . :cool2::cool2:

10. bluesprucelawncare

bluesprucelawncare LawnSite Member

if you got v nose... you dont have to unload every thing just for the one little walk behind lawn in the middle of a bunch of larger z lawns.... i mean use the front side gate... plus ur not wasting space its used.... it does cut the wind better granted most of us dont do to much highway but it does help at 50 mph and if u use it for toys. usally if its built right u dont need extened hitch on the trailer to hook to a dump truck and turn sharp.... its not a ton more and its worth it just for the gate i think hope you get one. i know its in my plan this year