enclosed trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sirsweatsalot, Jul 22, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

how many of you have enclosed trailers? they look like the real deal. save a lot garage space!

2. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

I don't have one yet..... But your right it will save a lot of room in the garage. I want the enclosed for a few reasons: 1) Security, I can lock the trailer when away from it. I can leave the equipment in the trailer at night and not have to carry everything in at night, that just equals time. 2) More professional apperance, I have been looking at all these mowing companies since I've started this idea, and most trailers are rusty, some disorganized. I think a customer in a nice neighborhood doesn't want to invite these guys to thier block. 3) Weather proof for all your equipment! 4) The side of the trailer is a nice large canvase for advertising. 5) If you do seasonal clean-ups, no blowing leaves while you drive down the road. 6) I think it holds more equipment and supplies. Room for building benches, drawers, and hang equipment anywhere.....

But still having a hard time picking one out... I know I want RED!

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Me too.

5. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

I use them as well.

I am glad that you brought up the fact about storage, because of myself and another LCO using the same storage facilty. To park my trailer outside it costs $35/month to park his trailer in one of the garages is $125/month. He has an open trailer and does not want his equipment to sit out in the weather and/or be exposed to theft. For the $90/month difference he could be making the payment on the enclosed trailer, if he did not have the money pay cash(which was his excuse of why he bought an open trailer).

Pros:I second what dave said.

Cons: would be extra weight- heavier duty truck required
    some wind resistance issues

6. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i was just wondering you guys that said that you have enclosed what sizes do you have? and what size do you think a guy could get away with. and what size would you recimend.

7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 8x20. It has more room than we can handle. One of other enclosed was rear ended the other day, so we have to put the equipment from that trailer in another trailer, we can fit a 36 and 48 walk behind side by side. a 52 walk behind sideways with a Hustler super z 60 behind that, and last but not last with about two or three inches to spare we can squeeze in our bobcat 48 ztr, it is packed but it all fits....

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

For those that didn't make it to the Expo, there was a trailer in the "New Products" showroom which was a combo trailer.

The front half is enclosed. The ramp door opened from the side. The back half of the trailer was not only an open trailer, it was a dumping open trailer!

It's not for everyone, but I can see where it would be perfect for the right situation.

I took a photo and will post as soon as I have time.

10. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

Hey Kirby, that looks really nice!!! How much is something like that?