Enclosed trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC INC, Jul 7, 2000.

1. SLC INC

SLC INC LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about buying a enclosed trailer. People have told me that thay love them and hate them.<br>I am looking at a 8x20 foot Haulmark with a 6 foot ramp door on the side. I will on a weekly basis be putting a walker,48inch walk-behind, and a 60inch exmark. I will build all my trimmer racks and etc. to go on the walls.<br>I have looked at all the other enclosed trailer makers too.<br>Your info is appreciated!

2. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

DO IT!!!!!<br>And get a haulmark!

3. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

We work out of one and like the Security of it. We made our own racks also. We have not had a chance to put our ads on the side yet but will as soon as we can. That makes it a portable billboard<br>

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Love my Haulmark. 8'x20' is awfully BIG, make sure you can get it around easy. Here's mine: [​IMG]

5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

that would be a great investment!! been using a 8x20 for 2 years and love it. you can lock it up when you ned to, also save a lot of time not having to load and unload every morn, and night. also equip. out of weather. get 2 vents one oi front and one in back, this will keep gas and chem. smell down. Good luck. <p>----------<br>Dennis<br>EXCEL LAWN CARE

6. SLC INC

SLC INC LawnSite Member

HEY; can you guys let me know what you are putting in your trailers.<p>THANKS

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I had enclosed trailers starting 7 years ago, had them all customized and everything. Owned a total of 5, still have 2 of them.<p>My suggestion is to get a 7' wide one for mowing. I didn't like towing them around and the 8' width made it worse.<p>My most recent one that I personally used was my 7'x14' - was perfect for 2 60&quot; Lazers. The 8'x20' I had was simply too cumbersome to tow around town. We still use our 8'x18' for landscaping.<br>

8. Patrick

Patrick LawnSite Member

We use a 7 x 18 dual axle Pace American enclosed trailer which we bought this spring. We haul 2 Walkers, fuel, tools, trimmers, etc in it. I could go into a lot of detail about why this trailer is unsuitable for our company, but in a few words, it is not nearly heavy duty enough for a day in, day out, mowing operation. We have not abused it by any stretch; it simply does not hold up. I would not recommend it to anyone who needed to pull more than a load of stuffed animals down 500 miles of new asphalt once a year. I will not buy another one. We are going to have a company that builds horse trailers build us our next one. Good Luck.