1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FootHills Landscape, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FootHills Landscape

FootHills Landscape LawnSite Member

What have you found in the way of 17 - 24' enclosed trailers? cost, usage, durability, brand. that kind of stuff. Thanks

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Im considering getting a ford f250 or f350 to pull a fully loaded 7x16 enclosed tandem axel trailer. Right now I have a 07 GMC sierra 1500 with the flex fuel engine and the gas mileage is killing me. Do yall think I will get that much better mpg with the diesel. If I had to guess i would say im proab getting between 7-10 mpg with the sierra. I would also like the heavier truck for the bigger payload.

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

lol, ok that was supposed to be a new thread lol sry about that

4. FootHills Landscape

no problem. ill answer your question while im at it. if you get a 7.3 deisel f250 you will get about 21mpg. so pulling a trailer would be around 18 or 19.

5. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Foothills, Nice business name!

That's the same name as my business too. :cool2:

6. FootHills Landscape

nice. Its actually FootHills Lawn & Landscape but it didnt fit when i created my account. Where are you located?

7. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is Foothills Landscapes. I'm in Canton GA about 40 miles north of Atlanta.

8. FootHills Landscape

Cool. im up in Fort collins colorado. about an hour north of denver