1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

enclosed trailers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cntryboymc, Oct 8, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

i would like to purchase an 18ft enclosed trailer to house my mowing equipment.i believe this would aide me in not having to load/unload everyday.this also creates security from thieves and elements.any pros/cons?anyone have any good trailer pics?

2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Enclosed trilers are they provide a cleaner look to any business, provide storage, but be prepared to pull the mowers out at the gas station. :D

3. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

I agree with troblandscape, storage is nice, all your equipment is with you at all times, you look more professional. Here is a pic of my new trailer

dcp_2080resize.jpg

4. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

another

dcp_2085resize.jpg

5. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Last one

dcp_2087resize.jpg

6. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

how big is that trailer?have any inside pics of it?

7. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Next chance I get, I will take some pics of the inside.

8. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

The trailer is 8.5' wide and 20' long inside

9. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

That is a nice looking trailer. Looks very professional. I find that the enclosed is better but as far as the gas issue goes, just get a large gas tank for the back of the truck.

10. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been shopping the enclosed market and I'm leaning towards Pace. I went over some of the options with the dealer and I'm going to get the translucent roof and they also have a fuel door option. For 46$ I can get a 12 inch by 12 inch door, I'm going to get 2 on each side on a 8x20 trailer.