Enclosed trailor question?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A-1 Affordable Lawn Care, Feb 15, 2007.

1. A-1 Affordable Lawn Care

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have recently bought an enclosed trailer 7x16. I need help how to get lawn mowers tied down so they don't move around while driving.I was thinking about the etrack system but don't know if I should mount the tracking on the floor or how high on the walls of the trailer.Any suggestions would be great or some pics how you tie them down. Hope everyone has a great 07 :cool2: thanks

2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i have an 18" enclosed for 2 year, never tied them down, the really dont move much at all

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'm going to try to put an older set of etracks into my trailer sometime before spring. If it helps, I found a picture on the internet with some etracks all set up.
    [​IMG]

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Fast straps is what you need.

6. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the Pro Lockers just now and it seems to me that they wouldn't keep the back of the machine from walking back and forth inside your trailer as you hit bumps in the road. Am I right or wrong? Pretty clever design, though.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Would take a pretty big arse bump to make the back of a Z walk around the trailer. The main idea of securing the mower is that in case of sudden stop or accident your equipment doesnt go flying all over the place. Prolockers secure them in that manner.

8. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

If I am not mistaken the Prolockers make it difficult to load machines end to end, unless they are easily removable?

9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

if you get into an accident, the least of your worriers are going to be your mowers jumping around a bit. i dont and wont secure them in an enclose trailer, i dont drive like a fool, and if i get hit, i hope they total the mowers so i cant get some $ towards a new one

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I am buying pro lockers this year. It is a big ticket if you dont tie down, and if you have walk behinds, expect to see bubbles in your sides if you dont tie them down. Ive seen it on many enclosed trailers with guys who dont tie stuff down.