1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosing my spray truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by healthylawn.net, Jan 16, 2003.

1. healthylawn.net

healthylawn.net LawnSite Member

Does anybody have any recommendations on options for enclosing a Pickup truck that has a sprayer in the back? Thinking hopeful that at some point we might get some rain. It was a struggle last season (first season) the few times it DID rain.

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

This may sound like a stupid answer to your Q but, wouldn't a canopy work if it's just for cover. They can custom make one to fit your needs.

3. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Healthy,

I am looking at doing the same thing. If anyone has pictures please post.

I thought about extending the sides and putting a camper topper on the extentions ???? This would look to REDNECKISH LOL

4. healthylawn.net

mykster, what type of canopy are you referring to?

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Hope this link works. These are just examples of what commercial canopoies are out there.

http://www.kanopykingdom.com/2054eb90.jpg

I'm sure a local canopy dealer would be able to build one for your needs. These are just examples of what commercial canopies are out there.

Hope this helps some.

Mike

6. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

westheffer Co. makes a enclosed truck body. they have an add in turf magiznes buyers guide. kind of looks like the back off of a cube van, with cut outs for where your hose reel is. they have a website but i didn't find the truck body on there but you could contact them to find out more info
    www.westheffer.com

7. healthylawn.net

8. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

We buy used cube vans, often Ryder or U Haul units. You can get them for 3-4 thousand. That means a dedicated truck, most likely, but the investment is minimal. If you put a canopy over your pickup or what have you, it has lost its utility for other uses as well.

Doug
    Austreim Landscaping