1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Encore 42 ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 12, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Just drove one around and it looks and felt cheap and had a very high center of gravity. We are going to get a Gravely 144Z but our friend sell's Encore and grasshopper ztr's so we figured we would drive the encore around. I feel bad not buying from him because we are good friends and he is giving it to me at his cost if I want it for $4,400. MSRP is $5,469. I just dont feel this machine is worth the money. I am going to get the 144Z for $4,990. I just feel bad!
  2. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

dont feel bad if it is cheap then its cheap. Nothing personal to him he didnt make the machine so dont be so hard on yourself you have to buy what makes you happy. Plus many people dont use them anyway.
  3. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

where are you getting the 144z for that price.also does it come with hydro deck
  4. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

If he sells Grasshoppers try out the 220/52 or 225/60. He should be able to sell them for around $5900.00 and $6800.00 or so. They are Quality mowers I assure you.
  5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

At a dealer here in maryland. It has 16 hours on it because it was a demo mower.