Encore has one now too...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, yet another MFG has decided to produce another itty-bitty ZTR with deck sizes down to 34".

Encore calls it the Fuzion.
    15/34
    18/34
    17/42
    18/42
    18/48
    19/48

1 year commercial warranty

John Gamba should love them
    18,500-19,000 Blade Tip Speed
    550-610 lbs

2. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

A 34" is not new for them. Encore has had a Z-34 in their commercial lineup for a few years now.

The news here is that it seems like every manufacturer is try to also go after the residential market. Encore is no different. Enter the Fuzion.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup Encore has had a 34 out for a couple years. A friend of ours sell's power equipment and he had one. We could have purchased it from him at cost + the intrest he has paid on it sitting at his shop. I drove it around and it was slow and didnt feel right to me. Then we went to the gravely dealer and drove there 34Z and the decision was final and we left with the gravely. We hate not buying from our friend but we have to go with what we feel will work best for us.

4. johng

johng LawnSite Member

I looked at one the other day and I don't understand why anyone would buy one. The sales guy kept saying that they are for people with less than 2.5 acres. Who in their right mind would use one of these for say a 2 acre yard when for the same money they could cut it twice as fast with a Pro 48" WB, except maybe a really fat person who can't walk down their own driveway without getting out of breath? Now that I actually see it written down I can see why they'll probably sell a jillion of them. I've never seen a Pro cutter use one but I keep seeing them at Pro dealers with like 10 hours on them as trade ins. The Dixon one looks real well made but who cuts lawns small enough to use one who can't get off their butt and just walk it?
    John...

5. Envy Lawn Service

Well yeah, I knew they had that Z series out... like since before the eXtreme series... and that they had 34" 42" & 48" versions of it.

This Fuzion is a little different...
    Lower profile and a fully welding one-piece frame.

[​IMG]

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

My father thats 58 loves the 34Z. Now he doesnt have to walk or stand up and bounce his older legs off on our gated yards and smaller front yards. We have also found that the speed increase also makes up for the smaller deck.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Oh yeah... and I meant to add that I feel the Gravely 34Z is far and away the better machine.
    So is the 44Z version.

Basically I was just pointing out another MFG rolled out another new line of little mowers for homeowners/entry-level commercial.

The Gravely's are in another class, being full-commercial.

Anyways, in the case of Encore, this move makes no sense at all unless the Z-series is history behind the seens... in other words, listed on the site until the overstock is gone.

8. Vertical Rush

Vertical Rush LawnSite Member

I've never understood the concept of putting a 34" deck on a ZTR. The whole Ideal for a ZTR is to be able cut more efficiently and faster. Although I can see you being able to get into tight places with it ie. fence gates between trees and flower gardens , but get out on a 2 or 3 open acer yard , you may be there a while.

9. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Encore's warrantys are different for the Fuzion and the Z.

Again, each manufacturer is trying to get a piece of the residential pie because it's a really big pie compared to the commercial pie.

"Gravelys are in another class, being full commercial". I beg to differ. Even Gravely has some residential Zs (XL & XLP series) that would not hold up to commercial use. Gravely use to have the Zoom and Mini-Zoom but has since decided to market those under the Ariens line.

Gravely has only one 34" in their current lineup (34Z) and it is well built. But don't forget that they also had one in the Mini Zoom line (now under Ariens).

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats your opinion on the 36 Standers? Same thing if you ask me.