1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Encore Mower 48

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packerbacker, May 25, 2004.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone here run Encore mowers? I bought a new 48 with a 14 Horse KAW on it last August and ive been having problems with it dying on me. It will run great on small yards but when i have it running for more then 2-3 hours at once it dies.

I will look down and there is no fuel in the filter. I have had it in 6 times now. They have replaced fuel lines and filters and even put a new gas tank on it. But it still does the same thing.

Anyone have any advice for me?
  2. kevin85

kevin85 LawnSite Member

I am running an Encore Z-52 with a 20Hp, I think. I've been having the same problem with mine. My shop worked on it this winter but didn't solve the problem. Now it's in again and they haven't figured out the problem yet. Meanwhile, my lawn is growing by the inch each day and I can't get a demo out to my house to save my life. I hope I get it back before the weekend. Anyone else?
  3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Packer, I had a similar problem with my 36" Encore a while back , and it turned out mine was related to the operator presence levers, they were not making good contact and causing the mower to shut off. Not sure about the fuel though, they are pretty simple machines , is it possible the fuel cap is clogged and not allowing the fuel to gravity feed? Try checking the vent in the fuel cap, it might be clogged.
  4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

There may be vapor lock. Try running it for a long tome with the cap on really loose. Hope this helps!!!