ENCORE Mower ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOLE-N-ONE, Aug 28, 2006.

HOLE-N-ONE LawnSite Member

I have a freind that is selling his Encore X-treme 52" 21HP it has 400 hours on it 98% paint has been in the shop for a tune up runs great. he is asking $1900.00 for the mower with no bagger system.The mower has been used on his own farm not used commercial. Do you think this a fair price and is this a good starter mower? :confused: I did notice that when you cut a straight run it wants to wander to the right can this be adjusted ?
    Thanks for the help
  2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont really know about the name Encore, But it sounds like a heck of a deal.

You should try and post the adjustment part in the Encore Part of the forum.
  3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

This is for a ZTR? Wow...That is a h**l of a deal!
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

That's a great deal even though it's an Encore!

You better make sure that nothing is wrong with the mower.....sounds to good to be true..even for an Encore!
  5. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Thats tooooo good of a price. A brand new X-treme with a 52" deck goes new for around $6000-6500. Better make sure it is an X-treme and not an older Z model. The X-treme just came out last year and for a homeowner to put 400 hours on it in a year would be very hard to do. Plus I dont recall the X-treme having a 21hp on their 52" deck.
  6. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36 inch encore walkbehind and it's one of the best walkbehinds I think I've run! Built well! That's a great deal, jump on it only if theres nothing else wrong with it! That steering issue can be easily adjusted. A repair shop will charge about 150 to do it, if its even that much.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I would have to second that.

It's still a tempting deal at that price though.
  8. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

there is nothing wrong with Encores, thats a great price..
  9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Even a Z52 would be worth that easily! The z had pumps and wheel motors just like the Extreme does.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Green King,

Have you posted any pics here anywhere of yours or the cut quality?
    Just curious.