Encore mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LuxuryLawns, May 7, 2004.

1. LuxuryLawns

LuxuryLawns LawnSite Member

Is this a good deal?
    a Encore 36" WB 12 HP B/S IC Engine for 1,900.
    Is this a good deal?
    Oh and it is brand new and comes with a 2 year warranty.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't really care for the Encores ( their o.k. ) but sounds good for the money & warranty.

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a encore 48k100 last fall. I think its a 1994 the guy only used it on his own yard. I am guessing it had 500 hours on it. So far I love it. It has a 12.5 hp kawasaki on it. For most of the time its enough hp but sometimes more would be nice. If you are putting lots of hours on it i would question the brigs engine. Some people say they are fine while others have problems after a few years but it can always be rebuilt. Anyways i paid $1000 for mine which was a 48" with kawasaki but it was 10 years old. Hope this helps.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I helped a friend out when he was 14 years old. I was 15 at the time. He loved my mower, so he wanted one. Well the best deal he could find was a 36" encore 12 hp brigg. I loaned him $1999 (no tax since he got it in NH) so he could buy it. He paided me back in 3 months. For the money, it probably the best bang for the buck, in cheaper lighter equipment. The guy who ones encore, used to work for ferris. I think you got your self a good deal.

5. Jim Noyes

Jim Noyes LawnSite Member
    from 20105

I have a 2 yr old 36" Encore WB w/ 12HP B/S belt drive for sale. It has only about 50 hrs on it and used only on my property. It's in perfect shape. I just moved into a new house with much larger property and need to upgrade to a larger WB. I live in Northern Virginia.

6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I'd stay away from the Encore. You get what you pay for.

7. Advance Lawncare

Advance Lawncare LawnSite Member

we've had good luck with our 36" encore dual hydro.