1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Encore Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mountain man, Feb 21, 2000.

1. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

I have a guy wanting to sell me a 36" and 48" Encore WB with baggers. What is the going rate for used 1 year old equipment in decent condition? If the price is right, I'm thinking about putting them on the trailers as third/backup mowers. Also what is a comparable mower and are they as durable as the Toro's and Bunton's we have been using.
  2. Why not just buy old Toros or Buntons?<p>With the Toros you can always mix and match<br>decks to traction units. I am not familiar<br>if you can do the same with the Buntons but<br>I do like the snowblower option that available for hydro Buntons but I don't leave<br>the house when it snows.<br>
  3. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

Lawrence:<br>If a had a choice I would only buy the Toro WBs since I have been happy with them and they are easier to train new guys on. The reason I'm looking at the Encore's is because the guy who owns them is desperate and it may be an opportunity for me to get some back up/extra mowers at a fraction of the cost.
  4. How much does he want for them? What engines<br>do they have?