1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Encore mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eslawns, Sep 26, 2000.

1. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" WB that has been a good machine, but it will be 6 next June and I'll probably retire it. Every mfg has had nasty things posted here, but Encore seems to be a unanimous "unfavorite." I got it because it was cheaper than the competition, but that is no longer the case. If I get another WB, I'm leaning toward the Exmark or the Snapper. I don't see much difference from mfg to mfg.
  2. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

I was looking at the Snapper too but people say the snapper breaks easy.All agree that exmark is the best.I have not used the Snapper or Exmark.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a 48" hydro wb. It's a fair machine. I think its a decent machine for a lower grade hydro (my opinion). I have put 2 sets of spindle bearings in it this year already. No matter what I do, they still don't last. The OPC switch on the speed control is a poor design. Finally got tired of that $10 piece breaking every 30 hrs and put a toggle switch in it.

It's a mower I will keep as a back up and use it for very bad clean up (junk yards). Kinda like a bushhog!!

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with either Exmark with floating deck or try the Toro full floating deck with the T-Bar stearing we have a toro and love it. The best thing with Exmark and Toro you buy one now!!! for 0 down 0 payments till April 2001 and 0 intrest till April good deal
  5. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I got the Exmark 36" Hydro in June, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Highly recommended...

6. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

Tg what hp is it, and is it the viking hydro?