Encore mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboys, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Mowerboys

Mowerboys LawnSite Member

does anyone out there use encore mowers?, i don't hear to much talk about them, WHAT"S THE DEAL?????
  2. Action Lawn

Action Lawn LawnSite Member

That is all we use for walk behinds. They are the best. Little less exspensive than the exmarks, same quality & weight, and a better cut.
  3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I had different experiences ... I used Encore WB's & eXmark WB's & riders ... O.K. mower for the price ...

Encore is an O.K. mower for the price ... BUT, the quality of product and cut does NOT compare to eXmark from my experiences.... eXmarks cut quality was far better.

Also... Mowerboys , do a search on Encore .... you will find lots of info.
  4. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

5. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

I actually started out with encore mowers. I liked the dealer and the price was perfect. Last year, I decided to switch equipment and I bought a couple of exmark walkbehind mowers (belt drive). The quality of cut is the first huge different. Some of that may be because of increased horsepower. I like the control of the exmark and overall feel. One of my encores is still with me (32") and I use it every day. So in short, I would say exmark has one me over.
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Last years Encore my friend has, this years Exmark I own. The Exmark is much, much, much nicer cutting machine.
    The Encore does give him good service I will admit. They seem to be reliable.
  7. the enfore we had ..poor cut ..poor build quality ....it did do one thing of guality....made a good ancor to tie my rottweiler to
  8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

O.k. quality, I have one and it has'nt let me down yet, but I definitley like my Wright Stander the best.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'll never own another one again. To much time wasted on this machine.
  10. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 48 walk behind belt drive, its a dependaple work horse.