Encore New WB at 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ed2hess, Dec 26, 2012.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

That's not true, they kept the brands separate and moved a lot of their assembly over here. Do your home work, don't make assumptions because you don't like foreign manufacturers.

Their equipment is not junk.

2. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Richard,
    Yes, World Lawn bought Encore. World Lawn is expanding their footprint in the US, but all the Encores are still being built by the same people in Nebraska. World Lawn is learning the hard way that most Americans were not to big on their products. So they bought Encore, which was struggling, to integrate Encore durability into there product line. They also reduced the cost of Encore products by about $500. Its still China owned, just made in the US.:confused:

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you would do the same. They were assembling them in California for a long time. It's a Chinese commie mower. It's junk.

4. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

Encore makes some good mowers! or used to and if im not mistaken the guy that started Exmark, left and opened up Encore. He used to work with Ransomes in the beginning. someone correct me if im wrong..

Anyhoo I'm thinking about getting a 32 belt drive from them. Looking at the website its the exact same mower as my mid 90's exmark that i love

5. DR J

DR J LawnSite Member

Great mowers been selling for years,simple is the best word to describe them. No changes in mowers since the china gov purchased them. 36" full hydro as pictured 3500.00 to 3599.99. Best deal on the market if u ask me.

6. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Is it hard to change the height?