Encore Premier 48" w/b problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by gfoutsy, May 14, 2008.

1. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

Been Having issue with this for a couple years. I use this machine and it wants to stall when the gas is about 1/2 way empty or so, but only when the blades are engaged and more so when going up hill. My brother thinks its a tank design issue, but In doing research, I have not found anyone with similar problem with this machine. could this be a just a fuel line problem? Also the pulleys seem loose in the deck when it is in disengage and the pulles seem loose as well. when I disengage the blades, the rod that connects to the blade lever grinds on the pulley near it. Everything tightens up when the blades are engaged. It also wants to pull th the right when mowing and i'm constantly using the left handle to keep straight. any thoughts or suggestions?
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

all fixable but i cant do it on the cpu so if your close let me know ill have a look cccc
  3. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

I'm on the east side bout 35-40 min from R River in Willoughby hills i just had a friend do a belt adjustment and tighten up everything so i'll fire it up tonight and take a look at the belts and pully's. I won't mow again till its a little dryer out. I guess when the mower is topped off its fine, but when it reaches a certain gas level, it wants to stall. we'll see when i run it next. Thanks
  4. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

Does it have the proper fuel filter?
    I don't know what engine or tank set up you have, but using a filter designed for an engine with a fuel pump, may be too restrictive for a gravity fed engine.