encore premier?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Feb 14, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking through ebay and found a 48" encore premier. Are they decent mowers. It not sure on hours, but looks new. it has a buy now option of $1400. Oh it also as the Kawasaki FC420V 14 horse motor.

i-5.jpg

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Have the same mower. Cuts excellent. I only use it one or three hours a week though, just because I've got two ztr's.

Well, not sure if mine is the "premier". It's pushing 10 plus yrs. Belt, five speed transmission, same engine. I've only replaced a few parts, and most of them were last year.

I got mine for like $1,000 with the sulke (similar to Hustler's). But that was when I bought the business. Basically, he didn't want it in his garage.

Few other's have one around here(65hoss I think).

I'm sure you're gonna hear this...I'd get a hydro...I'd get an exmark...But it is still a good mower.
    :D

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the same mower except with hydro. It sucks!

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

A dealer here sells Encore. I hadn't even considered the brand because of the bad press the Z's have gotten on here. Should I be considering their walkbehind?

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Encore 36" WB that I got new in '96. The only problem I have had with it is the spindle bearings. I took used cast iron spindle assemblies from a Scag and it's as good as new.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The w/b is the mower most of us don't like.