Encore proline - decent mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Oct 18, 2005.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Wondering if they are crap or not. And is that the same as toro? Thanks

2. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

not the same as toro, should be a decent mower depending on the condition? Model?

3. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

i have an encore walk behind and i like it alot. I'm selling it by the way. not that it doesn't do the job but because i have too much stuff. The zero turns i would stay away from in my opinion. But as far as the walk behinds go, nice mower for the money and when you keep those blades sharp....it lays a nice stripe. The designer of encore was orig. the designer for exmark. Push came to shove he left exmark and went and started encore. so all in all.....
    walk behinds = good....riders = bad. p.s. have one for sale if your interested.:rolleyes:

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i was told they are gonna quit making them b/c exmark put them out of business, a co here was trying to get a whole fleet . they are decent mowers though. they better than john deer and great dane for sure.

5. BryPaulD

from MI

Aaah reassuring, found one for sale at a decent price, thought I'd ask. BTW, how much are you asking for yours?? Thank you :)

6. BryPaulD

from MI

7. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Yes i am selling it. I'd like to get 1,100 for it. its in twice better shape than the one u posted on ebay. The price is neg.....let me know..

8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

In the town I am at Encore is popping up on trailers all over. Mostly the Prowler riders. And I do not think it is because of price!

9. lawnrangernc

lawnrangernc LawnSite Member
    from nc

I have a 1995 encore proline and I love it it is a super mower very heavy built I really like the gear drive deck

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

does yours have the electric start on it? i'm having trouble with the one i just bought.. it does nothing when you turn the key and i mean nothing.