Encore Z-34 Owners Only

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you own or have owned this machine please provide any and all feedback you can regarding:
    use
    maintenance
    cut quality and any other tidbits.

Please, if you didis-like Encore Walk Behinds that is fine, but I am specifically interested in this machine for it was developed differently with a specific purpose.

Thank You

2. Strawbridge Lawn

Got 1 e-mail reply from old search threads. Anyone out there got one of these?

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope. I know you don't want any opinions from unhappy w/b owners, but most of us learned the lesson and applied it to their riders as well. If you can't handle something as simple as a w/b then you really can't build a good rider. My opinion anyway.

4. Strawbridge Lawn

I am well aware of your views of Encore from your experiences.
    I own a ZHP-52 because I listened to the pro's on this board.
    I have not purchased a Z-34 yet because of all the negative here.

As a solo operator, It is not cost efficient for me to purchase a Walk-Behind because I can and need to do more with a rider to save time/energy whether it is aerating, fertilizing or mulch installs.

Unfortunately, the only piece of equipment suited almost exactly for my needs is their Z-34. Would love a stander, but hate fixed decks.. Not a lot of good to be said here about the 36" Dane Surfers either and a learning curve would be ahead in the towing department. I don't have 9K for a Walker (yet).

So my options are few 34-36" Heavu duty quality cutting machine that can tow attachments. I have a Simplicity Coronet 34" hydro 14 Kohler, that stripes, has a front dde-thatch attachment , bagger, and tows. I just need a commercial varient and there seems to be few if any.

The Walk Behind

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

What about the little Dixie Chopper? They have one for gated areas.

6. Strawbridge Lawn

The smallest Dixie is a 42" which is no good on 36" gates
    EM's need to realize there is a need.