Encore Z-34

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn0, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn0

Strawbridge Lawn0 LawnSite Member

Going through the search I have heard few favorable comments regarding Encore. The Z-34 has been out for a year or so and what I would really like to know is how it has performed under commercial conditions. Anyone have one? It is perfect for me, but nothing tells me it is proven in combat.

Will be buying something this spring for my small (gated) back yards, but it must be able to bag well, tow an aerator, and be no wider than 36"

Thanks in advance

Strawbridge Lawn and Landscape
    2001 Ram 1500
    01 16 Ft TB tandem split gate
    01 Exmark Z-HP-52, Mulch setup, stipe kit, tow bar
    00 Simplicity 34" Coronet Hydro (Need to replace)
    02 21 Honda WB
    00 Echo trimmer, Blower
    01 Plugr Aerator
    02 Turf Vent Tow Aerator, 16 SF TrailerAgrifab

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Isnt there ANYONE here that has one or demed one ! As Strawbridge and I are very interrested in theses machines and seening as we both have about the same type of yards(36inch gates) and being solo operators we need the most productive setup posible. Thanks for any help.

3. ROTFLMAO

Crapman is better.

Look at a 32" or 36" hydro WB. also use a WB aerator if you need to do tight places.

Also how about a Stander, got Wright, Deere, and Great Dane.

4. Strawbridge Lawn0

Which is more time efficient for a solo operator a Walk Behind or a 44" Tow aerator? I have a W/B aerator, and use it on small front and back yards, but that comprises only 30% of my properties. One day EM's are gonna perform a paradigm shift and get onboard with Steiner, Toro Dingo and make machines that do it all.. Time for some new thinking.. There are enough W/B mowers in the industry and a 1 stop shopping philosophy is what is needed.
    I can't wait for an EM brain fart..

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with LGF. Go look at something else. I own an encore, and will never own another one.

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of problems have you all had with your ENCORES too make them such a bad machine? The reason I ask is if Im gonna pay 4k for say a 36 tthp why not get a z34 for the same price and I can even sit down and tow attachments with it, which I cant do with a 36 tt hp. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I would stay away from encore! I have a 36" encore walk and it has been good but there riders are not very good. Also encore does not seem to care about supporting there dealers around here. I would take a look at something else!

8. Strawbridge Lawn0

Jusmowin, Encore seems to be on the VooDoo List here, but have yet to hear from an Encore owner.. Looking back at the Stander now 36" with a 17 ES KAW. Gitta figure out how to put a hitch on it.. For $4,600, It is more proven and only $400 more than the Encore.

9. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

I have an Encore 36" w/17 Kaw.

Had it for about a year now. Only had a few problems with the trigger grips but the motor obviously will last.

I would probably have gone with another brand, but at $2300 out the door it was hard to beat.

I agree I have never heard a posotive comment about them, however, people that drive F-350's would probably tend to down and S-10 even though the have and excellent tow capacity for the size as well a MPG. An Encore is not a Lazer Z but it seems reasonably well built.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Your very correct, it isn't a Lazer. My 36" exmark metro has a much much better cut than my 48" encore. If your looking for cut quality and reliability, keep looking. Encore will not give it to you.