encore zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RiverBend landscapes, Mar 8, 2004.

1. RiverBend landscapes

RiverBend landscapes LawnSite Member
    from maine

is there anyway to roll these sit down zero turn mowers when they dont start. somebody said you have to disconnect the linkage is that true? maybe this is a dumb question but i need to move it but without the motor running it wont start.

2. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

My Dixon has a button that you push down to bypass the hydros. What type drive system do you have?

3. RiverBend landscapes

from maine

its an eaton hydrostatic transaxle. i dont see a button anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Yow, I think all of them have a bypass valve somewhere. I worked for a friend of mine for a couple of summers, and he has an Encore Prowler. First day he left for vacation, the belt running the pump broke 15 minutes from being done with the job. It was way out in the country, Saturday evening, and I was afraid to leave it there overnight, so loaded it on the trailer by pulling with a tow strap and chocking the trailer wheels. I didn't know about the bypass then, but had no problem. Of course, moving with manpower might be another story. Neill

5. RiverBend landscapes

from maine

ill look for a bypass valve again. if worse comes to worse ill use manpower. thanks

6. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

River landscapes,
    Contact this number and speak to Devan, Russ or Paul. These guys are the engineers at Encore and if there is a way to overcome your problem - they will know it. You can also e.mail them but I'm sure you need tech assistance immediatly and I'm not sure how long it will take them to reply to your e.mail.

1 402-228 4255
    service@encoreequipment.com

On my machine there is a valve on the pump with a long bolt through it. The bolt is used as a crank handle. Now, I think (it were not neccesary on my machine before) if you crank that bolt it will release the pressure and the wheels will turn. Lift the seat and remove the cover plate over the wheel pumps and it is right there.
    Good Luck
    PC

7. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

River,
    I just double checked on my machine. I speak to be corrected here but I think that is what you are looking for.
    The bypass valve is at the bottom rear end, left side of the pump (if the pulley is in the front). Each pump has a valve.
    Hope you find it. O, and you wont need to take the cover plate off.
    PC

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

it should be on the hydro pumps.

9. RiverBend landscapes

from maine

thanks guys I found the levers and the got her rollin. the levers look like vent tubes off the top of the pumps. thanks again for the help!