1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Encore ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Offiler, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

Local dealer quoted me about $1000 less than Toro for an Encore 52".
    I did a search and did not find much on them, other than Encore is not generally well regarded.
    Any satisfied users out there? Anyone have particular problems?
  2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I own a Encore Z48. It is a good mower for the money I put into it-$3000. BUT I am getting rid of it to get an exmark or Dixie Chopper. If I were you I would go ahead and buy the toro. That way in a year or so you will not get tired of the encore and have to upgrade. Toro, exmark, and DC are top of the line. If you have any questions about the encore, just let me know.

3. sssteve

sssteve LawnSite Member

I just purchased the Encore Z48. I am only using it to mow my 4 acres and it has a great cut. I wish it was faster but it goes pretty quick.

Lawnworks - How long have you had the Encore? Are you using gator blades or the standard blades? Any tips on things to watch out for?

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I got my Encore Z48 for $3000 w/ 100hrs. It was a great deal. I do not like the deck on my machine. It is hard to keep it even. It also seems like it scalps more than a ZTR should, but it is a very dependable machine. I know DC and Exmarks scalp less. Blade tip speed and ground speed are both slower than DC and EX. I just got a 60" DC. It is a better machine. BUT it all depends on your situation. If your mower does not scalp your yards and you are satisfied w/ the cut. Run with it. I think it is best for one operator LCOs. I do not think it would be good to run it on crews. I ran mine for about 300hrs. and am about to sell it. I guess it all depends on the users needs and wants.