Encounter of a scaly kind...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grass2cash, Apr 3, 2007.

1. grass2cash

grass2cash LawnSite Member

Greetings to all,

Yesterday I was greeted by a rather long, black and gold legless creature of the reptilian family. I would'nt say that I am deathly afraid of snakes, but I was within a foot of this arsehole before I realized he was not a long piece of hose. Does anyone have any ancient chinese remedies, other than a good old pitch fork that could help me get the upper hand if faced with Jake again? I've been told that they don't like lime, but I thought you all could provide a more thorough and accurate solution.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

The cure is called blade tip speed in excess of 17,600 ft per second.....problem solved...LOL I HATE SNAKES....
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i dont mind snakes. but spiders on the other hand. i was just cleaning up behind a garage, there was 100+ spiders crawling around in all the rotted wood. Does anyone know any remedies for spiders?! for snakes i prefer the mower over the trimmer. trimmer gets messy when it flings blood and pieces all over the place.
  4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I came across 2 snakes yesterday. One was a big one laying around a lift station. I was trimming around the station and didn't even see it until I almost got it with the trimmer. He hid in a crack of the station. I couldn't tell what kind it was...it happened too fast. The other was by a privacy fence in some thick grass. I got that one with the trimmer. It was an accident, i wouldn't intentionally kill one. Especially just a grass snake. They sure do make my heart jump though!
  5. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

I scream like a schoolgirl when I find snakes or spiders.

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

What a bunch of pansies.....I just leave and come back later.........
  8. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

lol.... i chopped one in half last august with the edger... by accident of course.... i meen i dont like to kill animals... but i sure as hell aint gonna go near one not knowing if its venomous or not like Paul said id leave and come back later lol
  9. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

The heck with that. I would s!@# my pants if I saw any snake besides a garter snake. I hate those things and spiders too. My girl always makes me kill the bugs and spiders and I try to play it off like I'm Mr Tough Guy but they freak me out. I woke up one morning when I was a kid and my hand was swollen to about twice its normal size from getting bit by a spider in my sleep. Immagine blowing up a rubber glove and then tieing it off. That is seriously how big my hand was. Ever since then I've been deathly afraid of bugs, spiders, snakes, bees, pretty much anything venimous.
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd be more afraid of a big ferocious dog than a snake. Snakes don't really bother me but if i came face to face with someone's loose unfriendly dog then i'd get a bit uneasy.