End of month ..sales up 71% !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Apr 30, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

well guys I just finished my end of month billing and did my caculations annd the gross was up 71% over last year....the past few years we have seen increases but not this much..I must say we did not take on one new residential account this year however we took on several more commercial accounts, I will due the net figures tommorrow...

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I cant beleive how busy i am either, but from hearing everyone on here i think we are the only ones that are doing better than in the past. Its going to be a record year for me by far.

3. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Thats great lawnman.....I guess the old saying ..due good work and you will be rewarded is true..

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i have never worked so much in the month of april before. i made more money in the 1st 2 weeks than i did last year the whole month. i did close to $9k in sales for the whole month. which is great for someone who's only 18 and still in high school. i hope all you guys are having as good of a year as i am. i already have more landscaping jobs set up right now than i did last year. already setting up arating, thacthing, and over seeding for all my accounts for the fall, never did it before but its more money in sales.

5. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

It's not what you gross but what you net. I had a guy who, before he worked for me, grossed over a million then shortly thereafter file bankruptcy.

6. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Dittos tp the last comment regarding it's what you keep not what you make. Here is some unsolicited advice- invest and/or save some of your income now and every month. I'm 45 and starting a lawn business. I'd have been further along in life if I'd saved and invested wisely when I was younger. If this sounds like a nosey parent then so be it. Wish I had done it when those pesky adults told me that 30 years ago!

Cordially,
    Sheppard