End of mowing season

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mad_Russian776, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Mad_Russian776

Mad_Russian776 LawnSite Member

At the end of the mowing season (those that do not do leaf/snow removal), what do you all do in terms of customer relations?

Do you call them, send newsletter, or just stop mowing until next season?
  2. HeartOfTexas

HeartOfTexas LawnSite Member

I've only done this part-time but for a few years I'd send out Christmas card to all my customers. I'd wish them a great New Year and let them know that I appreciated them as a customer. I wouldn't ask for business with this venue but its a good way to stay in touch to some degree.
  3. grassnazi1

grassnazi1 LawnSite Member

Ya we do the Christmas card thing too.... Works out really well and now most of my customers are sending them back to me! I would also reccomend sending out a "how was our work card" asking them for some feedback and how satisfied they've been, get there ideas, opinions, they dont always speak up and alot of people want to be able to stat there opinions on something good and bad. So thats what I would reccomend, send them a nice questionare and make sure you include the words..."would you reccomend me to a friend or family memeber" very important stuff. Hope this helps.
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i send customer satisfaction cards, christmas cards with pens or magnets in them, and personalized calanders from my company..

snow removal reminders, then spring letters.......