1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

End of season discounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troberts, Aug 26, 2001.

1. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Do dealers and/or manufacturers offer end of season discounts?

What kind of savings could I expect to get buying one soon vs. waiting until March or April of next year?

I'm particularly interested in the eXmark Metro 40" with a 15 Kawi v-twin.

In case it matters, I am not a commercial cutter, just looking to make short work of my less than half acre lawn.

2. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

By the way, that should read...

eXmark Metro 48, not 40.

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a pretty good deal. But if I were you and only using at home, I'd look in the paper or other classified listing there and find a used machine. The dealers may even have or get a trade in that you can get even cheaper. Good luck!
  4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

It's really hit and miss, some dealers clear out by early nov. some wait till spring. Also watch for demo units, ask your local dealers to put you on a list when a unit comes avail. Good luck
  5. What they said. Both are good answers.
    Good thing you fixed your typo or you would have problems finding a 40" mower J/K

I've talked a few home owners into comm. mowers and they never regretted it.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Will be the times to buy either new from a dealer or used on the market.

The hottest peak in the summer will be the time most business that fold will do it, and they're looking to get out and get out FAST, meaning great prices for you. If they do hold off till the end of the year, they usually dump them all ASAP after the end of the mowing season and don't stick around for the fall clean ups, etc.

Good Luck!
  7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Good advice! I think a used machine would be more economical for what you need. You are going to only use it once a week, if that. Making an investment of $2700 to $3500 or whatever just to cut the grass only 28 times a year is a losing investment. It would be better to just get one of us to do it. :)
  8. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Thanks for the input. You've all been very help, and so has this entire site.

9. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

10. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Why bring a day old thread back to the top just to say it was in the wrong forum? What is the point?